Saturday, January 17, 2009

First Came Kate




Kate's dam Zoey (Continental Minuette) was purchased as a weanling. We had bred our one broodmare, Misty, to Zoe's sire that year, but I really liked the sire, and just in case the foal was a colt (he was!) we bought Zoe. She grew up to be a TANK! 15.3 hh and 1300 lbs. I started her under saddle at three, and bred her for a 4-year-old foal to Max Tardy, a son of Blue Max, APHA Champion.









Kate started life out on HER time table, sneaking in just before my midnight bed-check. She was up when I got to the barn, but not quite dry, and I don't think she had nursed yet.







Once Kate had some nourishment in her tummy, we did her imprinting--not strictly by the book, but definitly touching and fussing with her all over. First halter, too.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment